Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Think Shannon Would Look Awesome With a Peg Leg

A few months ago, Shannon sustained what is possibly the most catastrophic foot/ankle injury ever. I don't think anything dramatic happened, just a routine injury that somehow devolved into a bloody stump of Achilles tendon and nightmares. For a while she couldn't wear shoes without angering the foot demons and opening a huge wound in her foot. She also had to undergo physical therapy for a while, which I gathered was quite painful based on my conversions for Shannon's pain tolerance:
The whole thing was fairly awful. Now whenever she says "My foot is acting up again," I am forced to panic on her behalf. When she was going to physical therapy, I think she was worried that her ankle/foot would be permanently retarded. It took quite a while to heal, but it finally did. Although I will say, if it hadn't, Shannon has excellent taste in peg-legs for every occasion and would have flourished anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment